This was created to help in disiminating all the information I receive and hear about in my travels and hope this will make it easier for NIOGA member libraries to stay updated on outreach related information. Please comment and let me know what you think or share your ideas…and thanks for visiting!
Jennifer Morris, NIOGA Outreach Librarian
About Outreach Services
Outreach Services are mandated by the New York State Department of Education as a way to provide library services to target populations who are most in need and who often are not regular library users.
NIOGA targeted outreach populations:
- Individuals who are 65+ years old
- Individuals with visual, physical, or developmental disabilities
- Residents of institutional facilities
- Ethnic minorities
- Individuals with an educational disadvantage
- Job Seekers
- Individuals who are geographically isolated
- Incarcerated individuals and individuals with criminal records
The NIOGA Library System is a non-profit cooperative library system serving the public libraries in three counties. The library system takes its name from the counties that it serves – Niagara, Orleans and Genesee. The system, which consists of twenty-one public libraries, is one of twenty-three similar systems in New York State. It receives most of its financial support through the New York State Department of Education. The NIOGA Library System, which was chartered in 1958, helps to provide improved informational services to all residents of its three county area.
- Mission Statement – The mission of the NIOGA Library System is to extend and improve library services to the residents of Niagara, Orleans and Genesee Counties by assisting local libraries in meeting the information needs of their communities through leadership, education, inspiration, and enhanced resource sharing (Adopted September 1994)
- Vision Statement – The vision of the NIOGA Library System is to guide the member libraries through the 21st century by continuous research and implementation of appropriate services and technologies (March 2001).
- Where is NIOGA located? Google Maps
For more information about the NIOGA Library System, please visit http://niogalibrary.org/nioga/info.htm
For Outreach Services questions, Large Print and Playaway group loans, or to request gaming equipment (DDR, Guitar Hero III & Wii) please contact:
Phone: 716-434-6167 x29
To request all other audio/visual equipment, including Bi-Folkal Kits please contact:
Senior Library Clerk
Phone: 716-434-6167 x28